PASS: The Fight of Our Lives By William Bennett with Seth Leibsohn

My recommendation is PASS on this book.

I thought a Christian author would show more grace, love, kindness and political correctness. I was very shocked to see and authors bias, anger and judgment right from the dust jacket cover! I thought this book was very unchristian. I didn't expect to see an author claiming to be christian to be encouraging and promoting anger and hate. I was taught that "anger" is NEVER justified. We may feel angry, but we are not to be proud of this anger. Anger is another form of hate and those feelings come from Satan. Jesus would never encourage or promote anger and hatred, even against terrorists. People may be afraid of terrorits and take measures to protect themselves, but we should never cross over to the dark side and ENJOY their sufferring, ENJOY torturing/waterboarding them. We should never take pleasure in the sufferring of others. I feel this book is very angry and political and the author was writing a very pro-war polticial view and a very un-christian book. I don't think this book should even be classified as Christian. I would not ever recommend this book to any of my Christian friends. I didn't find love, kindness, forgiveness, understanding and compassion in this book. I found angry Americans who love their troops and are happy to kill and promote killing. This is an "American needs to be tough on war and terrorists and we Americans need to give up all our civil liberties and freedoms just incase someone somewhere someday gets us". Sounds like fear - another emotion from Satan. What happened to our faith in God our Lord and Savior?

Disclaimer: I got this book free of charge from the publisher for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment